Joining a web hosting reseller program is free and hassle-free. The best part is that the technical aspects are managed by the parent host and then they also provide the required support to the end clients. So, all you have to do is to sell the plans and earn quick cash, isn’t it? No! Sorry, but that is a flawed notion widely cherished by much first time hosting resellers. The reality however is different.
Web hosting reselling isn’t a get rich quick scheme. You need to wait patiently and invest regular efforts.
“The question, again, is how can you keep your cash registers ringing during the initial journey”?
Worry not, we have compiled a list of various ways in which you can expect the checks that can instantly bring a smile on your face. It includes a healthy mix of innovative methods as well as time tested techniques with solid reward potential. If followed wisely, these tips can help you earn a good income within 3 months:
Follow a solid marketing strategy
Selling is all about marketing. How well you market your product to the targeted audience determines the sales that you can expect. So you would need a Solid Marketing strategy that can drive more audience and encourage them to buy your products/services.
How can I build a solid marketing strategy?
- Connect deeply with your audience on multiple social platforms, try to understand their key pain points and determine how best your product can help them.
- Allocate a specific budget. Adopt RoI (Return on Investment) based approach to ensure that you get most out of your efforts and investment
- Some of the best and easiest marketing launchpads are Google Adwords, Facebook Ads and for B2B products you can use LinkedIn ads too
- For even deeper penetration you can consider using blogger collaboration programs and active social media management by certified professionals
Sell associated services to your clients
After purchasing a domain name and a hosting plan your clients are eager to start their digital journey quickly. Tap this opportunity by offering them different service required for starting and managing a website like design and development, content management, etc.
It will help you earn more from each client and the clients will get a single stop solution for all their digital needs.
What are the best digital services that I can sell to my hosting clients?
Some of the value added digital services that you can offer your new clients are:
- Social Media Management
- Website Maintenance
- Landing Page Creation
- PPC Management
- Web Design & Development
- Word Press Site Setup
Offer digital marketing services to your clients
In fact, as opposed to designing and development that fetch you a single paycheck, digital marketing will help you to earn a regular income month on month as it is an ongoing requirement. Digital marketing strategies keep on changing with the latest algorithms and thus it allows you to scale up your income by adding new/innovative services
What are the best practices to follow when I offer digital marketing services?
- Acquire the best skills to qualify as an expert digital marketer or hire a professional with a prove track record
- Ensure that you are following the best SEO practices as per the present algorithms and keep in mind that the algorithms keep on changing
- There is a negative marking provision too where the misleading activities like keyword stuffing, buying backlinks can lower down the ranking of your clients’ site
- Get recognition for your skills by applying for Google Ad expert, or Bing ad expert that will offer you a distinct identity as a reliable digital marketer
Connect with the industry
Make your strong presence in the social media but at the same time don’t neglect the real society either. There are a number of web hosting conferences organized across the word on an annual basis. Keep an eye on the conferences held in your own city.
Visiting these conferences can help you gain better knowledge, make valuable connections and also start organic publicity of your brand.
How can attending IT conferences help me as a hosting reseller?
You can use such conferences for
- Meeting and identifying new clients/target audiences
- Scale up your skills by taking part in the workshops
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Understand the upcoming trends that will affect the web hosting industry
- Media exposure
- Speaking opportunities
Also, consider taking part in the webinars organized by international entities.
Starting a web hosting reselling business is easy; earning a reliable income out of it is not! You need to be patient and invest good amount of efforts in order to enjoy a lifestyle income. However, there are various ways in which you can gear up your earning potential even during the initial period. In this blog, we have mentioned various ways to get a good income through your web hosting reselling business while also making a better reputation and solid traction in the market.