Your business name plays a vital role in determining your brand appeal and can proactively help you to connect with your targeted audience. So, you just cannot afford to be careless while deciding the perfect name for your business. It becomes all the more important when you decide to sell your products and services via the internet as you don’t only have to choose the right brand name but also make sure that it fits well into the ideal criteria of domain names. This article contains some helpful insights and tips to make things easier for you.
How can this article help you decide the best name for your brand and domain?
It would be great to prepare a checklist to avoid mistakes and ensure best practices. In this article, we have presented some important factors that will help you to create a logical checklist that you can consult before choosing a brand name or buy the best domain name for your business.
Don’t delay to register the desired name
If you have decided to sell your products or services online, you would certainly need a domain name. The question is would you like to buy an affordable domain name now or wait until some smart domain reseller/namesake business buys that name and resell to you at exorbitant prices? Wouldn’t it be wise to choose the first option and keep the things simple quick and affordable?
How to register/purchase a domain name?
- Make a list of your desired domain names and visit the website of a reputed domain name registrar with good industry experience
- Type your desired domain name in the search box to check domain name availability
- It will display a page informing about the availability of your desired domain name, other relevant domain name suggestions, pricing and a quick purchase button
- Go to your desired domain name and click on the purchase button
- It will take you directly to the online ordering form asking some general details
- Fill in the details, enter your preferences and choose the preferred payment mode
- Upon the successful fund transfers and completing the formalities, you will become the official owner of the domain name
Audience connect quickly with Simple memorable names
Contrary to the prevalent notion among the new age businesses, the misspelled names or synonyms may offer your business a chic identity but they would do more harm than good in the long term.
If you wish to be a household name you need to choose the household names that can easily be understood and remembered by common people and are generally used in the daily conversation. Best domain names should be easy to remember and relevant to your brand. Misspelled names, synonyms and jargons don’t fit the criteria at all.
Avoid using the names that can repel the audience
Along with being easy for the people to remember the ideal domain names should also be equally appealing to all. To the least, they should not repel or offend specific sections of audiences.
For instance, you might choose the name “White Supreme” for your new washing powder but it might not gel well with some people. Why give them a chance to “read between the lines” (even if that wasn’t your intention)? Wouldn’t it be better to go for “Bright Supreme” or some similar names that would sound more natural and unbiased?
Take direct help from those who matter the most
Don’t jump for any domain name just because it sounds appealing to you. After all, you won’t be selling goods or services to yourself; you will sell them to your audience. Have a well-defined branding ideology when you choose the domain name for your business. There are various aspects to consider.
Consider asking yourself these questions before you start the domain name registration process:
- What kind of image the domain name brings to the mind of the visitors?
- How well the perceived image fits with your branding objectives?
- Can it instantly connect with the audience?
- Most importantly, how do you plan the branding strategy to turn your domain into a household name?
Your business name gives an identity to your brand, offers you a distinct reputation and helps in attracting the targeted audience and strengthens relations with existing and potential clients. When we talk in the context of the digital ecosystem the exercise can become even more demanding as you need to choose the name that meets offline as well as online objectives.
In this article, we have presented some key points to keep in the mind while finding the best name for your business. The readers can expect to make better choices if they prepare a business naming checklist based on the tips given in this article.
The readers are also advised to exercise their discretion and decide what works best for them depending on their specific objectives and goals.